Three Great Reasons to Join us Oct 25-Nov 1, 2024! Register Here!
Connect with God and other Christian Men
Each evening we'll gather for about an hour of sharing and Bible discussion, focusing on the most important things in life. This element has historically been a highlight and biggest reason men say they have come to our men's events.
Invest in a Great Christian Ministry
This is a fundraiser for MPM's mission of preparing others to reach and influence the world for Christ. Investing in Master Plan Ministries can make a huge impact for eternity. There will be an Vision night during the week where we share some of the needs of the the mission of Master Plan Ministries.
Decompress in the Colorado Outdoors
Each day will have plenty of scheduled recreation time. While men can choose any sport or leisure activity to pursue, we planned this event to coincide with the 2nd big game rifle hunting season, and that has historically been the go-to activity.
Note: Bull Elk tags and Bear tags are over-the-counter during these dates in unit 74.
Confirm at cpw.state.co.us
What to Expect:
- Time to decompress from the pressures and responsibilities of life with majestic mountain views. Nearly every day, the majority of time will be scheduled as self guided recreational time!
- Participate in the evening Bible based discussions. Refreshing the body, mind and spirit is helpful to refocus and provide better perspective.
- An adventure, physical challenge, meeting new people, having some fun.
- One evening, you'll hear about the ministry vision of Master Plan, and how you can be a part of funding our ministry activities.
- High altitude: we will be recreating and hunting at high elevation. Cascade Lodge is at 9,000' and temperatures could range from 10F to 75F.
- Expect the unexpected – Inclement weather and snow are possibilities.
- Space is limited- register to save your spot.
Location: The Getaway will be located at (see map) at Cascade Lodge, 30 miles north of Durango, Colorado, in the San Juan National Forest. This area is bounded to the east by the majestic West Needle Mountains in the Weminuche Wilderness area, south to the Durango Resort Ski Area, and north to Molas Pass and Silverton.
Accommodations: This Getaway will include plenty of good home cooked meals, a rustic western atmosphere, gorgeous scenery and hot showers. Each man will get a simple single size memory foam, gel cooled bed in a bedroom loft to be shared with up to 6 other men. Cascade Lodge has 2 large multi-person bathrooms. The secluded Cascade Lodge has good cell signal for most carriers as there is a major ski resort nearby, but we offer no wifi internet service. 4G service is tends to me limited based on phone service carriers.
There are many activities in Colorado in our area to choose form. Hunting seasons that coincide with this getaway include 2nd big game rifle, small game, and there is plenty of quality fishing nearby. We have spelled out some of the hunting details here, but please confirm our findings in the Colorado rules and regulations set out by the department of parks and Wildlife at www.cpw.state.co.us Master Plan ministries is not an outfitter.
Important- If you would like to hunt for a cow elk or any deer, you must apply for the primary draw which closes in early April. A second draw is also available in the summer. Unlimited bull elk licenses can be bought over the counter when you arrive or the Colorado wildlife website. Please buy your hunting licenses in Durango or on-line before you come to the lodge. You can confirm at cpw.state.co.us
Getaway Theme: Designed to preserve the principle of enjoying deep satisfaction and the life that God provides.
Note: Master Plan Ministries is not a guide service, no outfitting services will be available. We are a bunch of friends with experience that help each other out. All hunting and fishing will be access orientated on public property. See our FAQ page for more details.
Getaway Cost: $1,200 Includes: lodging & food. Hunting and fishing licenses are additional as noted above. We'll save your spot with a $200 online deposit and the remainder is due on arrival.
Early Bird Specials:
- If your deposit is received by end of June total registration cost is $1,000.
- If your deposit received by the end of August, your total registration cost is $1,100.
- If your deposit is received after September 1, you total registration cost is $1,200.
- Your balance is due upon arrival in cash or check.
Arrival and Departure:
- Please schedule your arrival at Cascade Lodge anytime on Friday October 25th. Be sure to settle in before our big wild game kick off dinner at 6:30, group photo, and important Getaway orientation meeting.
- Optional- you may also plan to arrive a day early on Thursday October 24th after 1 pm for extra time to settle in, scout and acclimate. We'll have something hot for dinner around 6.
- Please plan your departure on or by Friday, November 1st at 10:00 am. You can leave earlier as you need to, but we hope you will be stay for the whole time.
- Optional- The 2nd Rifle season does run through November 3rd. You can inquire about staying at Cascade longer, but this in on a case by case basis and is only available with Russ' approval.
By Plane: Durango/La Plata County has a full-service airport. Let us know your flight plans at least one-week before your arrival, and we can arrange to plan pick you up. The Lodge is a 45 minute drive to the airport.
Hunting Style: At this time, usually the weather is getting colder and the elk are bugling less and less. There is a lot of intrigue in calling correctly to see if a bull or cow will come in to the call. Stalking along game trails and using the wind correctly can also produce some great surprises and as well as some good shots. The elk are usually active, walking around and grazing from first light to 10am, then they lay down until around 4pm till dark. So in the middle of the day, a wise hunter sits down and watches open areas where elk may be pushed by other hunters.
Fishing: Also at this time, fishing is good. Usually after 2-3 days of climbing mountains, fishing for a day can be a good break. There are a lot of good fishing places. The Kokanee Salmon snagging season may still be ongoing.
Note: We will have a natural shooting range with targets to check your gun sights and take some practice shots.
Physically: Expect to be challenged by the mountains and the altitude.
Mentally: Expect your comfort zones to be challenged and expanded.
Spiritually: God will do more than you expect!
Packing list - Click Here
Questions: If you need further information, contact us at: (970) 259-5768 or
E-mail: Russ.Akins@MPMStaff.com or Austin.Krokos@MPMStaff.com